Documentation for Marriage Registry
- 2 passport Photograph
- Birth Certificate of both couple
- If Divorce ( a certificate of divorce)
- If a Widow/Widower (Death Certificate of the former spouse)
Note: Couple must observe 21 working days from the day of documentation before getting certificate.
Couple are expected to choose a Thursday for the 4 hours counselling session.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Registration of new and old couples
- Counseling registered couples
- Issuing marriage certificate to registered couples
- Rendering returns to Ministry of Local Government and Community Affairs